Cavium™ to Showcase Innovative Solutions for Private and Public Cloud Infrastructure and Scale Out Applications at OpenStack 2017
SAN JOSE, CA – May 8, 2017 – Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable secure and intelligent processing for enterprise, datacenter, cloud, wired and wireless networking, will showcase innovative solutions for private and public cloud infrastructure and scale out applications at OpenStack 2017. The conference will take place at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston Massachusetts from May 8th – 11th.
The OpenStack Summit is a four-day event comprised of presentations, panels, workshops, and educational opportunities through OpenStack Academy. Topics span cloud strategy and business case development to operational best practices and technical deep dives. Cavium™ is an OpenStack community member and a corporate sponsor and is committed to the open source platform.
Cavium's ThunderX® ARMv- based workload-optimized processor integrates key capabilities that are critical for the most demanding public and private cloud workloads. The OpenStack cloud infrastructure enables end users to fully utilize ThunderX features for critical workloads such as cloud storage with CEPH, Apache Hadoop for Big Data Analytics, distributed data bases such as MySQL and Cassandra and secure web serving with NGINX. ThunderX is also optimized for networking specific workloads such as Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and load-balancing for telco applications.
Cavium's LiquidIO® II Intelligent Server adapters fully support and seamlessly integrate OpenStack software value-added functionality for application acceleration, network configuration and provisioning, security, and isolation in multi-tenant compute clusters. LiquidIO Open Virtual Switch (OVS) offload enables various Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and security features as a workload-specific Virtual Network Function (VNF) or as a Service Function Chain (SFC) with seamless configuration and provisioning using OpenStack platform.
Cavium FastLinQ® 45000 Series adapters comprise the next-generation of Ethernet adapters with that can support 10/25/40/50/100GbE while delivering a broad set of protocols, features, speeds and capabilities, including Universal RDMA, and stateless offloads for server and network virtualization. FastLinQ Ethernet adapters integrated with common OpenStack deployment and orchestration frameworks like Mirantis FUEL which can simplify and accelerate OpenStack cloud deployments and operations.
During the OpenStack Summit Cavium, will demonstrate the following innovative solutions in booth#A23:
- ThunderX: 64–bit ARMv8 based SoC family of workload optimized processors:
- Canonical to demonstrate deployment of cloud applications on Cavium’s ThunderX reference platform using MAAS and JuJu.
- Learn more about the “Type2A”: Packet.net’s ThunderX ARMv8 Bare metal instance.
- LiquidIO: 10/25/40GbE Intelligent Server/network appliance adapters:
- Demonstrating OpenStack managed compute cluster with full OVS 2.6 offload supporting CONNTRACK, NAT and VXLAN with VM Migration.
- Demonstrating OpenStack Security Groups based traffic policing.
- FastLinQ – 10/25/40/50/100GbE Ethernet adapters that accelerate the deployment of OpenStack by delivering the ability to orchestrate and manage an OpenStack deployment with technologies like the Plug–in for Mirantis® Fuel for automatic SR–IOV configuration, QConvergeConsole® (QCC) for OpenStack physical and logical topology maps and ability to deliver Quality of Service (QoS) for network functions.
To schedule a meeting with Cavium at this event, please contact your local sales account manager or Lilly Ly (email@example.com). Please enter Meeting Request at OpenStack Summit in the subject line.
# # # #
Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), offers a broad portfolio of infrastructure solutions for compute, security, storage, switching, connectivity and baseband processing. Cavium's highly integrated multi-core SoC products deliver software compatible solutions across low to high performance points enabling secure and intelligent functionality in Enterprise, Datacenter and Service Provider Equipment. Cavium processors and solutions are supported by an extensive ecosystem of operating systems, tools, application stacks, hardware reference designs and other products. Cavium is headquartered in San Jose, CA with design centers in California, Massachusetts, India, Israel, China and Taiwan.
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager
Tel: (408) 943-7417