Cavium™ QLogic Delivers Expanded Options for Server and Storage Connectivity
New QLogic® FastLinQ™ Ethernet and Gen 6 Fibre Channel adapters power HPE ProLiant and Apollo servers
SAN JOSE, CA – January 17, 2017 – Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise and cloud data centers, today announced that Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has recently launched new I/O adapters providing server and storage connectivity to HPE ProLiant and Apollo Gen9 servers based on Cavium’s QLogic Fibre Channel and Ethernet technology. Available now, the HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 4-port 536FLR-T Adapter and the HPE StoreFabric SN1600Q 32GFC HBA enable Enterprise, Telco and Cloud applications to be accelerated while reducing deployment cost.
QLogic FastLinQ Quad Port 10GBASE-T Adapter for HPE
The HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 4-port 536FLR-T Adapter is the first 4-port 10GbE offering available for the HPE ProLiant and Apollo Gen9 servers and is designed in HPE’s unique Flexible LOM form factor with 10GBASE-T connections that utilize low cost Cat6a cables and RJ-45 connections. Eliminating the need for expensive 10GbE SFP+ optic greatly reduces the deployment costs for HPE customers. The HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 4-port 536FLR-T adapter provides standard Ethernet NIC connectivity and is backward compatible with 1GbE for HPE servers.
“Cavium is a leading provider for I/O connectivity for a broad range of HPE servers,” said Raghib Hussain, Chief Operating Officer, Cavium. “The introduction of QLogic FastLinQ 4-port 10GBASE-T technology brings low cost Ethernet connectivity, while the Gen 6 Fibre Channel 32GFC adapter delivers a high performance and reliable storage interconnect for world class HPE server infrastructure. This is an important milestone in enabling Enterprise datacenters and service providers to increase operational efficiency and application performance enabling an agile IT infrastructure.”
"As customers modernize their data centers by deploying a hybrid infrastructure, they are looking for versatile solutions. The HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 4-port 536FLR-T Adapter provides an affordable upgrade path from 1GBASE-T to 10GBASE-T to accelerate our customers’ networking dependent applications from the datacenter to the cloud,” said Tom Lattin, Vice President of Server Options for Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Key Ethernet Technologies and Features
- HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 4-port 536FLR-T Adapter provides 4-port 10GBASE-T connectivity which is automatically backward compatible with 1GbE networks.
- Supports both iSCSI and FCoE storage offloads that conserve server CPU resources giving applications headroom and increasing virtual machine density.
- Advanced Server Virtualization features that include Single Root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) for low latency high performance virtual workloads.
- Acceleration for Networking Virtualization with Stateless Offloads for tunneling protocols including NVGRE, VXLAN and GRE.
QLogic Gen 6 Fibre Channel for HPE
The HPE StoreFabric SN1600Q 32GFC Host Bus Adapter is the first Gen 6 32GFC offering in the HPE portfolio. This new adapter based on QLogic 2700 series adapter technology provides HPE customers with twice the bandwidth and improves database performance with 50-80% more IOPS at common database block sizes when compared to Gen 5 16GFC offerings.
Key Fibre Channel Features and Benefits
- The HPE StoreFabric SN1600Q 32GFC HBA is available in both single and dual-port offerings and is shipped by HPE with SFP+ optics included.
- QLogic StorFusion technology and integration with Brocade Gen 5 and Gen 6 Fibre Channel switches and directors simplify SAN deployment and improve uptime.
- Built-in support for HPE Smart SAN for HPE 3PAR within these adapters provides fully automated SAN fabric orchestration and management directly from HPE 3PAR StoreServ flash arrays, saving hours of manual effort and reducing risk due to human error or network changes.
- HPE has qualified this adapter to work in select Microsoft Windows Server and Linux environments and has a strong roadmap of upcoming operating system qualifications.
- Integration with HPE management utilities like iLO and System Upgrade Manager (SUM) as well as by QLogic QConvergeConsole™ software utility and VMware plugin available for download at www.qlogic.com.
Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 1Gbps to 100Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in Enterprise, Data Center, Broadband/Consumer, Mobile and Service Provider Equipment, highly programmable switches which scale to 3.2Tbps and Ethernet and Fibre Channel adapters up to 100Gbps. Cavium processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tools and application support, hardware reference designs and other products. Cavium is headquartered in San Jose, CA with design centers in California, Massachusetts, India, China and Taiwan. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager
Tel: (408) 943-7417