Cavium™ and Partners to Demonstrate ThunderX Servers at ISC 2016
ThunderX system partners, high performance I/O partners and software partners showing platforms in various form factors supporting HPC and hyperscale cloud applications
San Jose, CA and Frankfurt, Germany, June 20, 2016 –Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless networking, is demonstrating ThunderX-based Workload Optimized™ server platforms in various form factors for High Performance Compute and hyperscale data centers at the International Super Computing Conference (ISC) 2016 from Monday, June 20th to Wednesday, June 22nd in Frankfurt, Germany.
ThunderX is Cavium’s 64-bit ARMv8 server processor family for next generation high performance computing and hyperscale workloads. With up to 48 high-performance custom cores, single and dual socket capability, high memory bandwidth and capacity, and integrated hardware accelerators, ThunderX enables best-in-class ARMv8 performance per dollar and performance per watt. The ThunderX family includes multiple SKUs that enable servers optimized for compute, storage, network and security workloads in the HPC cloud, and is widely supported by industry-leading OS, hypervisor, software tool and application vendors.
Show Highlights and Demonstrations
Cavium executives will be available to discuss the broad range of HPC solutions, including the company’s most recent announcements. ThunderX platforms from various ODM & OEM partners will be on display at Cavium booth #1105 along with presentation sessions at ISC 2016. Specific activities include:
- ThunderX®: 64–bit ARMv8 based SoC family of workload optimized processors with a range of SKUs and form factors optimized for high performance computing, including grid computing, heterogeneous computing, storage, secure compute and networking specific workloads
- Live demo of ThunderX processors deployed on Cavium‘s single and dual socket reference platforms.
- ThunderX2™: Update on Cavium’s next generation 64–bit ARMv8 based SoC family
- Cavium’s ecosystem partners will be demonstrating ThunderX based platforms, including E4, SUSE, Allinea, Gigabyte, Mellanox, NVIDIA, Bright Computing, Penguin Computing, and NAG.
- On Monday, June 20th at 1:30 pm, Gopal Hegde, Vice President/General Manager of Data Center Processor Group at Cavium, will be presenting on ThunderX advantages for the HPC market at the ISC Vendor Showdown.
- On Wednesday June 22nd at 1:40 pm, Larry Wikelius, VP Software Ecosystem and Solutions Group, Cavium, will be presenting at the Exhibitor Forum on ThunderX leadership role in the HPC ecosystem.
To schedule a meeting at ISC, please send an email to email@example.com and enter ISC 2016 Meeting Request in the subject line.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless service provider applications. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance up to 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data center, broadband and access & service provider equipment. Cavium’s processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium’s principal offices are in San Jose, California with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India, and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.Cavium.com.
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager
Telephone: +1 408-943-7417
LiquidIO, LiquidSecurity, OCTEON Fusion-M, ThunderX, Xpliant are trademarks of Cavium, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. © Cavium, Inc. 2016.